Senior Associate - Attorney at Law
Bastiaan Kemp, attorney at law, is a member of the Litigation & Risk Management practice group in our Amsterdam office. He focuses on corporate law, including corporate governance, corporate litigation and arbitration.
Bastiaan works in high profile corporate governance cases. His clients include private equity firms, listed corporates and their Dutch based subsidiaries, investment firms, corporate service providers, healthcare organisations and sports organisations.
Recent matters that Bastiaan has worked on include representing:
- a market leading company active in the online food ordering and delivery market in ICC arbitration
- a specialty chemicals multinational in NAI arbitration proceedings
- a seller in post-M&A ICC arbitration proceedings with an European bank
- an event driven investor in litigation revolving around AkzoNobel
- a multilateral development bank in inquiry proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber
- a global operating service provider on several liability claims in various Dutch court proceedings
- the Dutch headquartered syncreon Group in its debt restructuring
Bastiaan is a Professor at Maastricht University. He also holds the position of vice-academic director of the Institute for Corporate Law, Governance and Innovation Policies, is a member of the editorial board of the Dutch Corporate Law Monthly Review (Maandblad voor Ondernemingsrecht), is a Fellow at the Zuidas Institute for Financial Law and Company Law of the Free University of Amsterdam and a Member of the corporate law advisory committee of the Dutch Bar Association and the Royal Association of Dutch Civil Law Notaries.