Asset Based Finance
The asset-based finance industry is a rapidly emerging area of business finance, particularly after the global financial crisis and the changes in capital requirements. When cash flow is low, asset-based lending delivers solutions for a variety of scenarios. We help you to be successful in this field.
Debtor balances are often the largest asset in a company’s balance sheet but may result in a shortage of working capital. Asset-based financing solves this problem.
The strength of our asset-based finance team
We focus on securitisations, factoring and lending based on security and other alternatively structured finance transactions. Our asset-based finance team has a solid track record in the domestic securitisation market as far as more traditional residential and commercial mortgage portfolios, trade receivables and consumer loan receivables are concerned, but also with more innovative portfolios such as auto lease receivables.
Innovation based on structuring and transactional skills
Our team is highly innovative and focused on remaining the market leader by applying its knowledge to new asset classes such as insurance premiums and insurance risks, creating new, more efficient funding structures.
The combination of our structuring and transactional skills, financial regulatory experience and tax knowledge enables us to handle complex asset-based finance deals. In addition, our asset-based finance team is frequently engaged in cross-border transactions for various asset classes.
With our broad local and international networks and our strong relationship with originators, lenders and financial institutions at all levels, we are able to support your asset-based finance needs through both traditional and alternative methods.
How our asset-based finance team can help you
Our team is experienced in all forms of asset-based finance transactions, including:
- Residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) and commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS);
- Regulation and financing consumer loans;
- Auto-related securitisations and lending;
- Structuring, restructuring, termination and liquidation of securitisation transactions (including true sale and synthetic securitisation transactions);
- Covered bonds;
- Financing for leveraged buyouts, recapitalisations and working capital needs;
- Receivables financing (receivables purchase structures, asset-based structures, factoring, supply chain finance, invoice discounting structures or securitisation structures;)
- Warehouse loan facilities;
- Leasing; and
- Asset-based lending / borrowing-based finance.
KoenPanisPartner Attorney at Law
Koen Panis is a partner in our Brussels office where he is a member of the Banking & Finance Practice Group, the Energy Team and the Real Estate Team. He specialises in international and local finance transactions.T: +32 2 773 23 90 M: +32 497 53 38 36 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
MarcVermylenManaging Partner Belgium Attorney at Law
Marc Vermylen is managing partner of Loyens & Loeff Belgium and heads the Banking & Finance Practice Group in Brussels. He is recognised worldwide as an expert and influential lawyer in banking law and finance law.T: +32 2 743 43 15 E: email@example.com