How we can help
To successfully close the deal in a real estate acquisition or disposal your tax and legal structure, including the financing of the transaction, needs to be impeccable. Our dedicated transaction team will advise you on every step of the way, from the first letter of intent until closing.
Our long-standing experience and full-service offering allows us to assist on all tax and legal aspects of a transaction. Our services include the following:
- Full legal, corporate and tax due diligence & SPA negotiations;
- Banking & financing – assist in obtaining bank financing, drafting shareholder’s loans, security packages and legal opinions;
- Transaction structuring, including VAT and real estate transfer tax, transfer pricing, advice on optimal holding structure and international tax advice;
- Incorporation of SPVs; and
- Transfer of shares or assets and closing the transaction.
- Drawing up of contracts for the provision of services, development agreements, lease agreements, cooperation agreements and implementation agreements;
- Representing clients in legal proceedings in all related fields, including disputes with a seller, on construction, with tenants, local municipalities and governments, etc.; and
- Ongoing tax advice and compliance, including annual corporate income tax returns and monthly, quarterly or annual VAT returns.
- Full legal, corporate and tax vendor due diligence & SPA negotiations;
- Advice on tax consequences of exit and optimal exit scenario;
- Execution of sale by transfer of shares or assets; and
- Liquidation of remaining SPVs.
Bram LinnartzManaging Partner, Member of the Executive Board Attorney at law
Bram Linnartz MRE FRICS, attorney at law, has been managing partner of Loyens & Loeff N.V. since October 2018. Together with Thierry Charon he makes up the Executive Board of Loyens & Loeff.T: +31 20 578 54 12 M: +31 650 21 39 72 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jurriaan van der StokPartner Civil law notary
Jurriaan van der Stok, civil law notary, is a member of the Real Estate practice group in our Rotterdam and Amsterdam office. He focuses on project development and real estate transactions.T: +31 10 224 65 55 M: +31 653 42 48 83 E: email@example.com
Ariane BrohezPartner Attorney at Law
Ariane is a member of the Loyens & Loeff Real Estate Practice Group in Belgium and of the Investment Management/Funds Team. She is a partner in our Brussels office with a broad practice of counselling in real estate transactions and taxation.T: +32 2 743 43 21 M: +32 495 21 26 59 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christophe LaurentPartner Attorney at Law
Christophe heads the Loyens & Loeff Real Estate Practice Group in Belgium and is a member of the Investment Management/Funds Team. He is a partner in the Brussels office with a broad practice of counselling in real estate transactions and taxation.T: +32 2 743 43 05 M: +32 476 39 06 90 E: email@example.com