The ongoing financial regulatory reform, including sustainable finance regulatory initiatives, is having a significant impact on how financial institutions conduct business and how financial markets operate. However, while these reforms can present challenges due to their often complex nature, they can ultimately lead to risk reduction, more stability and even new cross-border business opportunities by introducing third country and passporting regimes.
We have a long-standing practice with extensive experience in assisting and advising players in the financial sector, including banks, investment firms, payment institutions, insurance companies, pension funds, fund managers, payment service providers, e-money issuers and other financial service providers, on all areas of their business on which financial supervision and regulation may have an impact.
Where can we assist you with
- We can guide and advise you on the impact of current and future legislation on, for example, market access, development of products, services and business operations.
- We can assist with the preparation and filing of license applications, notifications and registrations with financial regulatory supervisors.
- We can advise you on and structure the regulatory aspects of acquisitions and other transactions in the financial sector.
- We can provide guidance and assistance in respect of investigations by supervisory bodies.
- We can draft and review internal documentation and client documentation.
By combining financial regulatory expertise, transactional skills, and tax knowledge, we are in a position to enable you to be successful in the changing financial landscape. With our broad local and international networks and our strong relationships with supervisory bodies, we are able to support your needs.
Discover our articles related to this topic
Vanessa MarquettePartner Attorney at Law
Vanessa Marquette, attorney at law, is a partner in the Banking and Finance Practice Group of our Brussels office and a member of the firmwide Restructuring & Insolvency team. She is recognized for her expertise in Banking and Finance with a focus on international finance law, regulated financial services, sustainable finance and banking litigation.T: +32 2 773 23 25 E: [email protected]
Eveline HellebuyckCounsel Attorney at Law
Eveline Hellebuyck is a counsel in our Brussels office and a member of Loyens & Loeff’s Banking & Finance practice group in Belgium. She has extensive experience in banking and finance, and financial and regulatory matters.T: +32 2 743 43 99 E: [email protected]
Marc VermylenManaging Partner Belgium Attorney at Law
Marc Vermylen is Managing Partner of Loyens & Loeff Brussels. He is a member of Loyens & Loeff’s Banking & Finance Practice Group and heads the global Projects Team at Loyens & Loeff. He is recognised worldwide as an expert and influential lawyer in banking law and finance law.T: +32 2 743 43 15 M: +32 475 52 31 66 E: [email protected]