The recognition of UK and US restructuring proceedings and alternatives in Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Switzerland
On 16 June, Chambers and Loyens & Loeff will host a webinar on UK and US restructuring proceedings and alternatives.
During this session Chambers and Partners Deputy Editor, Michael Foulkes, will be joined by:
• Marc Vermylen, Partner, Banking & Finance Belgium, Loyens & Loeff
• Vanessa Marquette, Partner, Banking & Finance Belgium, Loyens & Loeff
• Vincent Vroom, Partner, Litigation the Netherlands, Loyens & Loeff
• Anne-Marie Nicolas, Partner, Banking & Finance Luxembourg, Loyens & Loeff
• Judith Raijmakers, Partner, Banking & Finance Switzerland, Loyens & Loeff
Key discussion points will include:
• The recognition of a Chapter 11, Chapter 15, scheme of arrangement and UK restructuring plan in Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Switzerland.
• Short overview of the restructuring framework in Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Switzerland.
• Do Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Switzerland offer judicial alternatives to UK and US restructuring schemes?
The webinar will be followed by a live Q&A session.
Date: Wednesday, 16 June 2021
Time: 05:00PM CEST
Duration: 45 minutes
This webinar is free to attend and is open to be shared with your colleagues.
We understand that you may be unable to attend the live session, however you can still register and watch it on-demand 24 hours after the end of the session.
Marc VermylenManaging Partner Belgium Attorney at Law
Marc Vermylen is Managing Partner of Loyens & Loeff Brussels. He is a member of Loyens & Loeff’s Banking & Finance Practice Group and heads the global Projects Team at Loyens & Loeff. He is recognised worldwide as an expert and influential lawyer in banking law and finance law.T: +32 2 743 43 15 M: +32 475 52 31 66 E: [email protected]
Vanessa MarquettePartner Attorney at Law
Vanessa Marquette, attorney at law, is a partner in the Banking and Finance Practice Group of our Brussels office and a member of the firmwide Restructuring & Insolvency team. She is recognized for her expertise in Banking and Finance with a focus on international finance law, regulated financial services, sustainable finance and banking litigation.T: +32 2 773 23 25 E: [email protected]
Vincent VroomPartner Attorney at law
Vincent Vroom, attorney at law, is chairman of the Litigation & Risk Management Group. He specialises in restructuring and insolvency matters. He handles a range of issues in restructuring cases whether they arise within the courtroom or outside.T: +31 20 578 59 84 M: +31 6 51 26 63 19 E: [email protected]
Anne-Marie NicolasPartner Attorney at Law / Avocat à la Cour
Anne-Marie Nicolas, partner, is a member of the Banking & Finance Practice Group in our Luxembourg office. She co-heads the Luxembourg Restructuring Team. Anne-Marie focuses on secured lending, including acquisition finance and real estate finance, as well as debt restructuring.T: +352 466 230 314 E: [email protected]