Rapid technical innovation raises new questions. The speed of innovation in IT is high. This offers businesses and institutions new possibilities all the time, but it also gives rise to challenging legal issues.
External storage of data is the new standard. More and more data - such as your clients’ personal information - is being stored in ‘the cloud’, i.e. on external servers. You are also using cloud software (Software as a Service) instead of on your own computers more often. You are increasingly recording strategic business information on IT systems that you no longer physically control. It is essential to manage the security of and access to this data and the systems properly in your contracts with external service providers.
IT services are often outsourced. This is being done in order to cut costs and enhance quality. Clear and unambiguous agreements with IT service providers are important in order to safeguard the continuity of your organisation.
IT projects are always challenging. More than half of software projects have been found to fail in practice. Expectations are not met, costs overrun and timetables are not achieved. Prevention is better than cure. That’s why it’s important to select the right approach before starting a project. Hence the project management must be arranged, and there need to be crystal-clear legal and strategic agreements. That reduces the risk of unpleasant surprises. But in the unfortunate event that things still go wrong, good legal resolution is essential.
Greater possibilities of e-commerce. The Internet offers you as a business increasing commercial possibilities. At the same time, information on the Internet can also lead to reputational damage. Adequate legal advice is therefore often necessary.
What can you expect of us?
- A great deal of experience in advising companies, healthcare institutions, insurers and government bodies about their IT challenges.
- Preparing and negotiating contracts in the area of software development and with regard to the purchase and supply of various IT services and products.
- Strategic partnership with project teams around the purchase and implementation of IT in terms of both software and infrastructure, and also with regard to the procurement of hardware and the associated maintenance services and financing agreements (MES contract).
- Advice on the tendering for IT services and products (RFP, RFI) to ensure that you get what you want.
- Support and advice around IT projects that are struggling.
- Strategic legal handling of issues relating to e-commerce and e-reputation.
- Proper resolution of problems. If legal action is found to be unavoidable, that is a challenge that you can leave to us. We litigate regularly, and do it efficiently with a result-oriented approach.
What characterises our approach?
- We are business-minded. Our team of lawyers and advisers have extensive experience in supporting and advising companies. Our advisers consider your broader commercial interests.
- We are interested. We appreciate the value of getting to know you well and knowing what drives and motivates you. Only then can we properly champion your interests on each project and jointly form a strong negotiating team.
- You will find us to be a clear, high quality, critical partner. We always strive for comprehensible and practical contracts with clear agreements and tight procedures. We have the no-nonsense approach that is typical of Rotterdam.
- We attach great importance to working efficiently. We will help you quickly, and we are proactive and contactable.
- You can expect us to provide a tailored solution with a client-oriented approach. Every situation and every business is unique, so our support and advice are too.
If you’d like to talk to one of our team members please contact one of our IT specialists directly. You can also send us an e-mail. We will contact you as soon as possible.