First published by The In-House Lawyer magazine (Autumn 2019 edition), this article presents you the basic principles of third-party funding and how the Luxembourg regulation flexibility offers an efficient regulated regime suited for third-party funding. The author highlights the following topics:
- Third-party funder - procedure and decision
- Settling the claimant-funder agreement
- the role of the claimant's counsel in the agreement negotiations
- Luxembourg, a state-of-the-art regulatory environment
- the Specialised Investment Funds (SIFs) as a third-party funding vehicle
- Requirements and examples
You can read and download the full article here.