Successfully developing and marketing products in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries requires legal and tax support that meets at least two important criteria. Firstly, in-depth understanding of a wide variety of topics, such as (clinical) research, intellectual property, tax planning, regulatory compliance and pricing issues. Secondly, a helicopter view of how these topics interrelate and how they can positively influence one another. Loyens & Loeff combines these ingredients in the broad portfolio of services available to its clients. All our sector knowledge is combined in the Loyens & Loeff Life Sciences Team.
Loyens & Loeff is able to offer a wide range of expertise for our clients, such as on:
- regulatory issues (e.g. marketing authorisation, DMFs, GMP compliance, and manufacturing licences) as well as pricing and reimbursement;
- negotiating and drafting agreements such as clinical trial agreements, licensing agreements, supply and distribution agreements;
- advertising, marketing and product liability (litigation and insurance)
- competition and anti-trust (EU competition rules on distribution, prohibition of abuse of a dominant position, parallel trade, interaction between the EU competition rules and IP rights, merger control)
- corporate and tax structuring as well as mergers & acquisitions and funding;
- transfer pricing, customs and VAT.
The members of our Life Sciences Team work closely together to assist clients ranging from biotech and start-up companies to global pharmaceutical companies. Our client relationships give our team members a lot of market insight, something which is recognised by our clients as being very helpful in this market.
How we work
Our Life Sciences Team consists of attorneys at law, tax advisers and civil law notaries who have extensive experience in all legal and tax areas relevant to pharmaceutical companies and life science companies alike. The team brings together experts in the following areas: commercial, corporate, tax, regulatory, intellectual property, competition, data protection, and employment.
Our team members work closely together, share their expertise and monitor market developments in the pharmaceutical and life sciences sector. In doing so, we understand the requirements of your business. As a result, we are able to provide your company with sound advice in a proactive and pragmatic manner, allowing you to capitalise on business opportunities.
For more information please contact one of our team members. Alternatively, you can send us an email and we will respond promptly.