Senior Associate - Attorney at Law
Yannick Geryszewski, attorney at law, is a member of the Litigation & Risk Management Practice Group in our Amsterdam office. He focuses on software, IT, trade secrets and technology transactions, commercial contracting and strategic relationships. Prior to working on the Litigation & Risk Management Practice Group, Yannick has worked in our Corporate Practice Group. He uses that experience to negotiate in a practical and efficient manner, always keeping in mind the commercial and technical aspects.
Yannick has specific experience in advising and negotiating on license agreements, (cloud) software implementation, maintenance and development, transitional services agreements (TSA) and other services agreements, (critical) outsourcings, distribution agreements, cooperation agreements, and (IT) transactions, migrations and disentanglements.
Recent work highlights include:
- Advising Motive Partners, a growth equity fund focused on financial technology businesses, with its EUR 120 million investment in Backbase, an Amsterdam-based tech company that provides banks with a cloud-based engagement banking platform to create frictionless customer journeys across all the stages of the customer lifecycle;
- Advising a global multinational on the acquisition and post-transaction development and maintenance of mobile device application software;
- Advising a licensed insurer on the critical outsourcing of its back office software administration system to multiple suppliers;
- Advising Bregal Unthernehmerskapital on the acquisition of a majority stake in Isah Software Group;
- Advising a global real estate private equity firm on drone imaging services and property data management software licensing;
- Advising a niche software company on a strategic partnership with an American leading distributor;
- Advising Main Capital VI Holding Cooperatief U.A. on the acquisition of Textkernel B.V., a global leader in developing AI and semantic technology for talent acquisition, from CareerBuilder LLC;
- Advising a global real estate private equity firm on property management portfolio software licensing and implementation; and
- Advising a top ten global travel technology company on license agreements and dispute resolution.