Mijke Sinninghe Damsté
Partner - Attorney at Law
Mijke is a member of the Litigation & Risk Management practice group in our Amsterdam office. She focuses on Class Actions and collective settlements.
Mijke has a vast experience acting as defence counsel in complex, multi-jurisdictional litigation, with a special focus on collective actions. Mijke also regularly litigates PE/fund structures, transaction related and shareholders’ disputes, including directors’ liability cases.
Mijke represents clients in the relevant Dutch courts, including the Enterprise Chamber and the NCC. Mijke publishes and lectures regularly on shareholder disputes and class actions. A list of her publications is available upon request. Mijke is a board member of the Vereniging Corporate Litigation (the corporate litigation society).
Recent matters that Mijke has worked on include representing:
- PE / Fund litigation: acting as counsel to founding partners and cornerstone investors in litigation re controlling rights, removal of the management company, conflicts of interest and the position of the advisory board in a PE Fund
- Airbus SE: acting as defence counsel for former CEO of Airbus SE in a Dutch class action (WAMCA) regarding shareholders’ claims about alleged failures to disclose bribery and corruption allegations and regulatory investigations in relation thereto
- Heineken Holding: acting as defence counsel for Heineken Holding in a claim relating to bearer shares
- acting as defence counsel for a group of dealers in a Dutch class action (WAMCA) against multiple claim vehicles relating to diesel emission devices in cars
- Steinhoff International Holdings N.V. and HEMA: advising / litigating for groups of bondholders in litigation heavy international restructuring cases
- representing a multilateral development bank in inquiry proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber
- Dutch private enforcement actions in relation to cartels, including mass claims, against i.a. Deutsche Bahn and BASF.