Q&A Employment in the Netherlands 2020
In this guidebook we provide the answers to many questions, grouped per subject, based on our knowledge and years of experience.
You are about to receive or hire an employee from outside the Netherlands. Or maybe you are a foreign employer, seconding an employee to work in the Netherlands. Probably the employee and even his family members will be moving to the Netherlands. In our experience, these situations might lead to questions, such as:
- do we need a work or resident permit for the employee?
- will we be confronted with Dutch mandatory labour law?
- does the employee have to pay tax in the Netherlands, and do we have a payroll obligation?
- must we pay Dutch social security contributions?
- how can we arrange for the participation in our company pension plan?
Since rules and regulations in the relevant areas are very detailed, it is impossible to give you an exhaustive overview. Moreover, we know that each situation triggers its specific questions. Consequently, we cannot rule out that you will still have questions after having read out guidebook. We will be more than happy to answer your questions and provide you with additional information.
Download the digital version of the guidebook as an PDF.
Hans van RuitenPartner Tax adviser
Hans van Ruiten, tax adviser, is a member of the Employment & Benefits practice group in our Rotterdam office. He has a wide expertise (over 30 years of experience) in employment taxation matters. An important part of his practice is regarding equity incentives.T: +31 10 224 64 18 E: [email protected]