Webinar: A guide to restructuring in Luxembourg - including replay link!
On 28 July, The Legal 500 and Loyens & Loeff hosted a webinar around restructuring and insolvency procedures in Luxembourg.
The webinar was aimed at in-house counsel and distressed debt teams representing global investment banks, as well as restructuring partners at global law firms acting on matters with a nexus to Luxembourg.
Anne-Marie Nicolas, Restructuring and Banking & Finance partner in our Luxembourg office, moderated this comprehensive review with contributions from:
- Ian Silverbrand, vice president, Goldman Sachs
- Ash Tehrani, VP, JP Morgan Asset Management
- Richard Belsey, head of EMEA M&A, AXA XL
- Yves Courtois, head of deal advisory, KPMG
- Michael Rabinowicz, general counsel, Mangrove Capital Partners
Throughout the session we hence heard from one of the country’s leading authorities on restructuring and cross-border finance and from several leading corporate figures, including New York and London-based GCs and restructuring experts.
Discussion points for the webinar included:
- The use of Luxembourg restructuring tools such as share pledge enforcement (so called ‘Luxembourg pre-pack’ in a consensual scenario)
- Filing for Chapter 11/Scheme of Arrangement in Luxembourg restructurings
- Enforcing share security in Luxembourg – a guide to the various options, strategies and pitfalls?
- Litigation & post-enforcement issues
The global Covid-19 crisis poses major challenges to many companies, their shareholders and financiers, with severe disruption and losses in business operations across all sectors.
With the global economy entering recession for the first time in decades and revenues for many businesses decreasing or disappearing entirely, in-house counsel are turning to law firms for advice on how to handle internal and external insolvency and potential restructuring options that are currently available, which this webinar discussed.
Check-out the replay of the webinar here.
Anne-Marie NicolasPartner Attorney at Law / Avocat à la Cour
Anne-Marie Nicolas, partner, is a member of the Banking & Finance Practice Group in our Luxembourg office. She co-heads the Luxembourg Restructuring Team. Anne-Marie focuses on secured lending, including acquisition finance and real estate finance, as well as debt restructuring.T: +352 466 230 314 E: [email protected]