The current tax climate has created a challenging tax environment. Enterprises and high net worth individuals find themselves increasingly subject to challenge on tax matters resulting in a considerable rise in the numbers of audits, adjustments and disputes. Our Tax Controversy and Litigation Team is well positioned to help businesses and high net worth individuals exposed to tax controversies.
Defending your interests
Our goal is to provide you with unmatched and customized support across all direct tax, indirect tax and tax-related controversies and disputes with the tax authorities. Our overall approach to tax controversy is based on strategic objectives – understanding how tax authorities approach litigation matters to develop a winning case and recognizing settlement opportunities if and when they arise.
How can we help?
Tax controversy is a means to an end, with that end being the satisfactory resolution of an important issue related to taxes (whether domestic or multi-jurisdictional) while limiting the reputational risk impact. You can count on our assistance with:
- consulting on strategic issues to assess and reduce risk;
- developing tax risk management policies and procedures;
- assistance and management in the context of tax audits and investigations in relation to tax matters (including dawn raids);
- determining with you pre-litigation tactics and strategies that fit your risk profile;
- conducting pre-litigation procedures before the tax authorities;
- conducting settlement negotiations with the tax authorities;
- representation before the tax courts, including the CJEU.
Peter MoonsPartner Attorney at law / Avocat à la Cour / Tax adviser
Peter Moons, partner, is a member of the Tax Practice Group in our Luxembourg office. He focuses on cross-border corporate tax advice for multinationals and funds, in particular private equity funds, their initiators and their investors.T: +352 466 230 244 E: firstname.lastname@example.org