It is prescribed in (European) procurement law that (de)centralised government bodies, public-law institutions and utilities companies must tender through a (European) procurement procedure. However, a practical application of the rules is required to allow contracting parties and market players a certain level of flexibility, especially in cases of national tenders and private procedures.
Practical application of the rules
The specialists of Loyens & Loeff’s procurement team can assist you in the practical application of the rules that are pertinent to your case. These experts can also support you in a range of procurement-related matters, such as:
- When a strict application of the procurement regulations is required
- What steps are required to begin a collaboration with another commercial or government organisation and whether this collaboration will affect the rules of mandatory procurement
- The best way to set up, begin and execute a procurement procedure
- What to do when bidders start litigating
- What to check and keep in mind when submitting a tender in a procurement procedure
- How to challenge the awarding decision if your tender is rejected.
The procurement team comprises expertise specifically for the sectors of Healthcare, Infrastructure & PPP, IT, Energy & Utilities, and Public Transport. We work closely together with other Loyens & Loeff specialists in the fields of fiscal matters, corporate law, competition law, and real estate.
Would you like to meet one of our team members? Please don’t hesitate to contact one of the procurement specialists directly. You can also send us an email and we will contact you as soon as possible.