To meet the increasing demand for expertise in all tax and legal aspects relating to the structuring of investments out of Germany into the Benelux and Switzerland, or into Germany through the Benelux and Switzerland, Loyens & Loeff established a specialised region team for Germany. This team pools the global expertise of tax advisers and corporate lawyers, who have worked with both German clients and non-German clients that invest(ed) or have operations in Germany.
Through the region team Germany, clients have access to Loyens & Loeff's integrated, full-service tax and legal expertise with regard to the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland. The members of this team have extensive experience in the German market as well as in international M&A, joint ventures, reorganisations, commercial transactions, (group) financing, cross-border real estate investment and international funds – in particular open and closed real estate funds. Team members can communicate in German; most of them have worked in Germany for many years. This enables them to provide clients with pragmatic and customised assistance, advice and other services related to German issues.
Recent projects for German clients:
- The team advised on the relocation of a Dutch financing company, being a subsidiary of a German MNE, to Luxembourg.
- We advise on a MAP procedure between the Netherlands and Germany in relation to a Dutch financing company, also owned by a large German MNE.
- To avoid German CFC rules (Hinzurechnung AStG) we assisted German based clients on the effective tax rate of their Dutch subsidiaries.
- We assisted in the reorganising of supply chain functions through the implementation of a Swiss principal structure.
- Together with our lawyers from the State Aid team, we advised on the risks of Netherlands and Belgium tax rulings.
- We advised on the structuring and implementation of a joint venture with a Dutch shipping group.
- We assisted in cross-border mergers of Dutch companies in German group entities.
- We advised Volkswagen AG and Global Mobility Holding B.V. on the disposal of LeasePlan Corporation N.V. to a consortium of investors.
Considering an investment in German activities or planning to expand your business into or outside of Germany? Please contact us to discuss if and how we can be of any help.