Loyens & Loeff’s corporate litigation experts deal with any type of corporate disputes, both domestic and international. The team has broad experience in handling specific internal corporate disputes, as well as company-related litigation. Our areas of expertise include:
- Disputes concerning shareholders, management and supervisory board, including proceedings aimed at the resolution of corporate bodies
- Corporate governance issues
- Liability of management board and supervisory board members
- Liability of group companies for subsidiaries
- Prospectus liability
- Proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal, with a particular focus on inquiry proceedings (in case of wrongful policy of companies) and interim measures
- Disputes concerning banking and securities law
- Litigation relating to financial reporting and annual accounts
- Litigation regarding spin-offs, demergers, discontinuation and dissolution of companies
- Litigation arising out of share purchase agreements, warranties, interpretation of contracts, and liability for non-performance
- Disputes with respect to shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements and other corporate contracts.
Our corporate litigators have represented numerous medium- and large-sized corporations, investment funds, banks and other financial institutions, their boards of directors, (members of) their supervisory boards and their shareholders. Our clients include many publicly listed companies, traded in The Netherlands and abroad. The corporate litigation team of Loyens & Loeff delivers high-quality legal services in complex cases. Our broad legal experience is strengthened by our continuous updates with the latest developments in case law and legal science.
The corporate litigation team has represented – amongst others – ABN AMRO Participaties, Bank of America, ING, Rabobank, Rabo Participaties, Royal Bank of Scotland, American Insurance Group, Kredietbank Luxemburg, KBC, Mellon HBV, Qwest, KPN, British Telecom, Electricité de France, Nuon, Heineken, Laurus, Nesbic, Gucci, Prada, AIG and Chubb.
See also Corporate M&A