The eye of the storm - Crisis Management: Prevention, response and reaction. How to manage legal risks in a time of crisis
On 3 June, The Legal 500 and Loyens & Loeff will host a special webinar for general counsels and risk & compliance officers in the Benelux region and Switzerland to discuss crisis management from a legal perspective.
This webinar is specifically designed to provide guidance on the practical steps that can be taken to mitigate, manage and overcome the different stages of a crisis.
Date & time
Thursday 3 June 2021 at 4.00pm
Our panel of experts will work through a hypothetical whistle-blower scenario to outline how GCs and senior counsel should anticipate and respond to such incidents, addressing the following key legal points:
- An impact assessment on the Benelux region, including Switzerland, of a whistleblower’s report.
- What are the potential investigative measures by criminal authorities and how could criminal authorities carry out some investigative measures abroad (interviews of the directors, dawn raids, criminal attachment of bank accounts)?
- Responses to investigative measures: How to handle the internal investigation?
- What are the points of attention when carrying out such internal investigation? (International transfer of personal data, right to privacy, internal investigation strategy)
- What are the potential consequences in terms of criminal liability for the parent company, its subsidiaries in the Benelux region, and their respective directors?
- What remedial measures could be envisaged?
If you would like to join us for what promises to be a lively and educational session, please click the register button below.
Susanne van BreukelenSenior associate Attorney at law
Susanne van Breukelen, attorney at law, is a member of our Litigation & Risk Management practice group in our Amsterdam office. Susanne focuses on corporate criminal law. She heads the Loyens & Loeff Corporate Investigations, Compliance and Defence team.T: +31 20 578 51 49 M: +31 653 42 49 39 E: email@example.com
Hermine VoûtePartner Attorney at law
P. Hermine E. Voûte, attorney at law, is member of the Employment & Benefits practice group in the Netherlands and chairwoman of the Diversity & Inclusion committee. She has over 33 years’ all-round experience in employment law, with a particular focus on high-profile dismissals, restructurings and collective dismissals, and co-determination procedures.T: +31 20 578 59 75 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clémence Van MuylderSenior associate Attorney at Law
Clémence Van Muylder, attorney at law, is a member of the Litigation & Risk Management practice group in our Brussels office. She focuses on white-collar crime, investigations and compliance. Clémence is also a member of the Corporate Investigations, Compliance & Business Crime Defence team.T: +32 2 773 23 13 M: +32 479 51 87 19 E: email@example.com
Henri DupongLocal partner Attorney at law / Avocat à la Cour
Henri Dupong, local partner, is a member of the Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group of our Luxembourg office. He advises on commercial law and litigation, with a focus on corporate and white collar crime matters.T: +352 466 230 327 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robin MoserLocal partner Attorney at law
Robin Moser, attorney at law, is a local partner in our Zurich office. He focuses on domestic and international dispute resolution and has broad experience in representing clients in court, before federal and cantonal authorities and arbitral tribunals.T: +41 43 434 67 42 M: +41 78 806 40 91 E: email@example.com