GDPR Masterclasses 2.0
Our Data Protection & Privacy team organises a series of GDPR Masterclasses. The GDPR Masterclasses 2.0 are a series of three lunch sessions that will be held in 2020, respectively on 23 January, 20 February and 26 March.
(subject to changes)
- 23 January 2020: Session 1 – Enforcement update
- Case law of the Belgian Data Protection Authority
- Fining policy of the Dutch and German Data Protection Authorities
- Key takeaways from the most important GDPR fines throughout the EU
- Class actions
This session has already taken place.
- 20 February 2020: Session 2 – Guidelines & best practices
- Lessons learned from recent jurisprudence of the CJEU & ECHR
- Key takeaways from the EDPB Guidelines
- E-Privacy & cookies update
- Best practices for whistleblowing hotlines
Registrations are closed.
- 26 March 2020: Session 3 – Management of GDPR compliance risks
- Geolocalisation, IT monitoring of employees and managers, call recording and evidence
- Director’s liability for GDPR infringements
- Essential dawn raid tips
- PR & reputation management
11.45 am Welcome and registration
12.15 pm Start session
1.30 pm End of session
1.30 pm-2 pm Coffee and networking
The Masterclasses have been specifically designed for legal counsel, compliance officers, HR managers and DPO’s dealing with GDPR compliance within their organisation. Each Masterclass will focus on different ‘lessons learned’ since the entry into effect of the GDPR on 25 May 2018.
This seminar is a certified IBJ-IJE training with 2 continuing training points offered.
If you are interested in participating, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
StéphanieDe SmedtSenior associate Attorney at Law
Stéphanie De Smedt is senior associate within the Litigation & Risk Management Practice Group of our Brussels office.
She is head of the IP/IT & Data Protection Team in Belgium and is team leader of the firm-wide Healthcare and Life Sciences Team.
Don't miss out. Stay up to date about our latest news and events.Stay informed